Alliance Leisure were engaged by Tempus Leisure with the objective of securing a partner to provide the expertise and capacity required to achieve ambitious business growth that was sustainable and fulfilled their charitable remit. The partnership commenced in January 2013 and ceased at the end of March 2017 following the cessation of the Tempus-Cornwall contract.
The focus of the partnership was to drive growth in the countywide membership scheme through development of the fitness and Swimschool services. Alliance achieved this through leading a marketing programme that was structured around five elements:
- Developing a pro-active and consistent culture where staff instinctively promote and sell services
- A new customer journey, with a clear focus on customer retention
- High quality marketing activity and promotional campaigns including supply of marketing collateral, systems and infrastructure which included a new website and supported the growth of digital platforms
- Robust auditing and feedback to Tempus
- Support to areas such as capital investment, product development and pricing which ensured that marketing became key component of the business.
Not only did the partnership enhance the skillset of the staff and change the culture of the organisation but it delivered real tangible results. Notably, the business enjoyed a 55% increase in memberships with corresponding growth in direct debit income. Similarly, the Swimschool enjoyed an increase of 34% in student enrolment over the same period.